Sidcup Recreation Club was founded in 1904 as a football club for male shop assistants of Sidcup and opened above 10 Hamilton Parade with the first meeting being held at the Black Horse Pub. Tennis, Football and Cricket were played at Sidcup Place. In 1910 the club was offered Sidcup Golf Course Clubhouse at its current site in Church Avenue for £200. The committee at the time offered 100 guineas and this was accepted. A lease with the Frognall Estate was negotiated and possession was taken of the Club and Grounds in 1911. After a number of year’s ladies became full members with full rights, however, the first female president was not elected until 2016. For a number of years there was no licensed bar until a successful ballot in 1922 to license the club was carried – this did lead to certain committee members resigning! During the 1920’s two tennis courts and a small Bowls Green were laid and maintained on a voluntary basis by members, however, during the Second World War development of the new bowls green was halted and vegetables were successfully grown on the plot. Over the years due to loans from members the Clubhouse has doubled in size and we now have our full size Bowls Green.